The Trans Wellness Specialist is responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of outreach activities specifically targeted to transgender and gender queer individuals. As part of the Essential Functions for this role, the Trans Wellness Specialist:
- Assists with development of the annual outreach work plan, which includes goals, objectives, and strategies for reaching transgender individuals with information about HIV/STI/Hepatitis C testing, risk reduction, and supportive services
- Conducts outreach to the target population as defined by the New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute and according to the grant work plan using strategies such as street, neighborhood, bar, and internet outreach
- Assists with all aspects of planning and implementing group and community level interventions as indicated in grant work plans
- Conducts health education and risk reduction sessions with individuals if indicated in the grant work plan; provides referrals to services needed and follows up with individuals to ensure that services have been accessed
- Enters all related program data into AIRS and completes all required grant reports; tracks progress in accomplishing work plan goals; identifies barriers where goals are not being met and communicates them to the Outreach Coordinator and the Senior Director of the Pride Center of WNY
- Represents the Pride Center at LGBT and Transgender related community events, including local, regional, and statewide events
Qualified Candidate will have an Associate’s degree in Human Services or related field (Bachelor’s degree preferred) with two (2) years of experience working with the transgender, lesbian, gay, and bisexual communities. Candidate must possess valid NYS driver license and insured, dependable car to use for traveling to offsite locations to conduct business on behalf of the association, mobility sufficient to travel outside the office to attend meetings or conduct program activities out of the office, and ability to communicate clearly and professionally in writing and verbally. Candidate must demonstrate personal integrity and responsibility and familiarity with computers and MS Office software (Outlook, Word) preferred. Sensitivity toward cultural diversity, HIV/AIDS and lifestyle and addiction issues essential.
Job Type: Part-time; Seasonal
Required education: Associates (plus 2 years’ experience)
Required experience: Working with the transgender, lesbian, gay, and bisexual communities
Additional requirements: Must have dependable, insured vehicle and NYS Driver’s License
Trans Wellness; Outreach; Healthcare; Human Services; Social Services; Nonprofit
The Evergreen Association is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a diverse workforce, employing personnel without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental ability, veteran status, and/or military obligation. We encourage women and members of other minority groups, including people of color, to apply. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and a generous paid time off package.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
- experience working with the LGBTQ communities: 2 years (Required)
- Associate (Required)
- Buffalo, NY (Required)
Trans Wellness Specialist Evergreen Health Buffalo NY
The post Trans Wellness Specialist Evergreen Health Buffalo NY appeared first on Seasons of Pride.
The post Trans Wellness Specialist Evergreen Health Buffalo NY appeared first on GayWebSource.com - Gay News and Press Syndication.