Trans Employment Program Associate
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Cultural humility and demonstrated a commitment to the transgender community and familiarity with the diversity of transgender, lesbian, gay, and bisexual identities and experiences are required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in workforce development or employment services, community development, case management, volunteer management or job development to adults from various professional backgrounds with barriers to employment, is required. Spanish bilingual skills highly desired. Fluency in English is required.
- Detail-oriented, hardworking, and able to complete paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Excellent presentation skills, including networking and public speaking or group facilitation.
- Understanding of local resources, local and state employment laws, and employment resources for the transgender communities.
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills, ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and ability to work both independently and within a team-oriented organizational structure. Experience working collaboratively with multiple agencies desired.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Computer proficient in MS Office or similar programs, understanding of concept of relational database, competent in using Internet and excellent research abilities.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial approach, including solution-oriented approaches to complex issues. Ability to adapt to changing environment and priorities.
- Commitment to the mission of the San Francisco LGBT Community Center. Experience and commitment to working in a multicultural environment.
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Requires flexibility in working some evenings and/or weekend hours.
The SF LGBT CENTER
The mission of the Center is to connect our diverse community to opportunities, resources and each other to achieve our vision of a stronger, healthier, and more equitable world for LGBT people and our allies. The Center’s strategies inspire and strengthen our community by:
- * Fostering greater opportunities for people to thrive.
- * Organizing for our future.
- * Celebrating our history and culture.
- * Building resources to create a legacy for future generations.
The SF LGBT Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, persons with disabilities, and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or inter-sex are encouraged to apply. The SF LGBT Center maintains a policy of non-discrimination with respect to employees and applicants for employment. No aspect of employment will be influenced in any matter by race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, physical disability (including HIV or AIDS), medical condition, perceived physical disability or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by statute.