Long Island, NY
The LGBT Network (The Network) has an immediate opening for a full-time Queens Program Coordinator for HIV/STD Services for its Queens LGBT Community Center (Q-Center) service site in Long Island City, NY. The HIV/STD Program Coordinator is responsible to deliver HIV testing, STD screenings, linkage and navigation services, and a range of community and intensive online outreach based out of the LGBT Network’s new community center space in Long Island City. The Queens Program Coordinator has the unique opportunity to be a part of the team to establish and launch an HIV/STD testing program with linkage and navigation services and to integrate these services with existing intensive community outreach and PrEP/PEP education and referral. The Queens Program Coordinator for HIV/STD Services reports to the Queens Assistant Program Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Queens Program Coordinator is responsible to:
- Conduct community-based and online outreach targeting gay and bisexual men and transgender people during day and evening hours
- Conduct rapid HIV testing and STD screening services
- Deliver linkage and navigation services to connect clients to a range of healthcare, treatment, and prevention services
- Provide referrals to health care providers that provide PrEP/PEP prescriptions
- Attend staff and individual supervision meetings, trainings, and conferences, as appropriate
- Ensure the accurate and complete collection of client and program-level data, and entry into appropriate data systems
- Complete and submit program reports in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work, public health, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of one year of experience conducting/delivering HIV testing and STD screenings preferred
- Experience conducting outreach online and through social networking apps strongly preferred
- Commitment to and knowledge of the LGBT community
- Excellent computer skills experience
- Phlebotomy training or willingness to become trained
- Flexible work schedule a must, as this position may require working nights and weekends
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver license as this position will require travel throughout Queens and Long Island
- Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of people and flexibility
- Strong organizational skills for handling multiple tasks at once
Job Type: Full-time
- HIV testing: 1 year
General Application Guidelines:
- Application procedures vary based on position.
- Please carefully review the position description and application procedures as outlined in the position announcements below.
- All email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org must include a cover letter and resume stating the position of interest and salary requirements.
- Duplicate submissions are not necessary. No phone calls, please.
The LGBT Network is an association of nonprofit organizations that serve the LGBT communities of Long Island and Queens including Long Island Gay and Lesbian Youth (LIGALY), The Long Island LGBT Community Center (The Center), Services and Advocacy for LGBT Elders – Long Island (SAGE-LI), and the Queens LGBT Community Center (Q Center). All the Network organizations are proud to be Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. People of color, women, trans and gender non-conforming people and individuals of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The post Queens Program Coordinator, HIV/STD Services LGBT Network appeared first on Seasons of Pride.
Media Provided by the GayWebSource.com - Gay News and Press Syndication.
To republish this post please visit Queens Program Coordinator, HIV/STD Services LGBT Network